Before Anesthesia Sedation
- Please do not have anything to eat or drink for 6 hours prior to the appointment unless otherwise instructed.**Failure to do so can result in a life threatening emergency.**
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, nail polish or false nails on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, the flu, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, often these medications can be taken the morning of surgery with a sip of water.